Site development

Anything that wont fit into one of the subjects already listed

Site development

Postby Mark1 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi all,
Just read in the dispatch about the planning permission approval for the development plans to slip 900 houses and an industrial estate onto the airfield. A bit of bad news after it was said recently that things were on hold for the forseable future. Does anyone know any details on wether there will still be any room for rrmac to fly there, comfortably away from where ever they build on?
Any alternative sites nearby?
Mark1

Re: Site development

Postby mr. pitts » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Nearby sites. Annesley MAC, Goosedale, Broxtowe MFC, Long Eaton MFC, Langar, all on BMFA website. :o
There are two types of fliers, those that fly Pitts Specials, & mardy arsed drama queens who don't.......See my baby jive.....
mr. pitts

Postby Thommo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:54 am

I believe committee had a meeting with Ashfield District Council a year or two ago, council said they would find us an alternative site........ :lol:
Impossible to say how long we will be able to continue flying on airfield, depends where & when they start building.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Thommo

Postby mikkel » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:59 pm

What they have just got is the outline approval.
Meaning no detailed plans have been passed on and given planning permission, so there is still a long way to go before they can start building.
mikkel

Postby Mark1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks for the responses guys.

I hadn't looked around for an alternate Monsieur Pitts, just threw it in for a suggestion or two, thanks for yours. I had considered the Annesley MAC before I popped into RR on the last fly-in day. Looks a bit close to the road for my comfort. Heard Goosedale has lots of obstacles for me to bump into. Langar is a good long drive but would be handy for carting after a flight or two. As for the other two, new to me, but close enough to consider.

As for the council finding a fresh site...... :lol: :lol: :lol: Might squeeze us onto Bentinkt void for a while before the grass grows on the golf course.

I imagine it might be a good while yet before flying there becomes an issue, if there is going to be room set aside, please let it be on the bypass side.

Just makes me a bit narked, having found the perfect site right on my door step that some rotter wants to build houses all over it. :(
Mark1

Postby sirrussr22 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Stop speculating and just get your models to the flying field and fly while you can. :?:
sirrussr22

Return to General Chat