Flying has been suspended till further notice

Within this general forum area, are the official club discussions and notices

Flying has been suspended till further notice

Postby alan_brinsley » Tue May 12, 2015 3:26 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Due to recent developments at Rolls Royce Hucknall, I am unfortunately notifying that all flying has been suspended at the airfield. Please let other members know that don't have access to the web, forum and social media.
Alan Falconbridge
alan_brinsley
Administrator

Re: Flying has been suspended till further notice

Postby alan_brinsley » Tue May 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Dear Member,

I am writing to inform you of the current no flying situation at RR Hucknall.
On Monday 11th May Brian Wilson was informed by RR limited that there is to be no more model flying at the RR Hucknall Airfield. The airfield is no longer under the control of Rolls Royce and the contractors have closed the site. This is with immediate effect.
All RR Hucknall MAC events are cancelled for 2015. Please also note the scheduled event planning meeting on the 19th May is also cancelled.
The committee would urge you to attend the next monthly meeting on 2nd June at 8.30pm.
We will be discussing the following items and would like your help and input.
1. The fighting fund
The past committees had the foresight to set up a fighting fund for this very eventuality. The current committee are asking for your support for the clubs fighting fund to be used primarily for the hire or purchase of future flying facilities.
2. Future flying sites
Ideas, suggestions
3. Current and future membership
4. Future Club Meetings
5. The fighting team.
Volunteers invited to be part of the team to investigate new flying sites.
Should you wish to add any further points to be discussed please e mail me ASAP.
Currently this is all the information we have at the moment and strongly urge you to attend the meeting on the 2nd of June for further information and to add your support for the continuation of RR Hucknall MAC.
Alan Falconbridge
alan_brinsley
Administrator

Return to Hucknall Model Aircraft Club - Main info